Oh dear what can the matter be, this poor motorist got stuck and was cut free
IT could, of course, happen to anyone but how it happened to a woman motorist last night after her Kia got stuck at this historic monument is still under investigation.
The woman, in her 40s, was taken to hospital after her car ended up wedged in the South Gates entrance to Kings Lynn. It blocked the road for an hour
Police believe the car was in collision with a DAF truck and spun into the arch.
It became wedged in the gateway and blocked the main road into town for more than an hour.
A police spokesman said the car was removed at around 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Paul Hampson, who captured the image, said it looked as though both vehicles may have attempted to get through the gate at the same time.
His pictures of the crash were uploaded via our iWitness app by eye-witness Paul Hampson.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover