Oh lah lah! French lessons for tots at Wisbech Hudson Centre
New classes on offer in Wisbech will help local tots get ahead when it comes to languages.
Language teacher Kate Norman is offering French lessons for the under-fives and their parents, child-minder or carer starting next week at the Hudson leisure centre.
It is open to all youngsters and aims to give tots a head-start in getting to grips with a foreign language.
Mrs Norman, who teaches French and Spanish at the Thomas Clarkson Academy, holds the franchise for Lingotot in this area and already runs lessons in French, Spanish and Mandarin in primary and pre-schools as well as community classes.
She explained the new group offers music and movement with the added bonus of learning a language.
“We have lots of props like musical instruments and scarves and do a lot of singing and games to help children learn in a fun way,” said Mrs Norman.
“It is like music and movement or rhyme time, but with French added into the mix. My own daughter who is two comes along and really enjoys the classes,” she added.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
The classes, which start from Monday April 20, cost £5 per session per child, with under-ones costing just £1 each - the first session is free.
Children have to sign up on a half-termly basis at a cost of £25 payable in advance.
To book a place or for more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org