Oh yes you will get your money as Marston’s plays Fairy Godmother and pays pub staff after landlord ups sticks
IT looked likely last night that brewers Marston’s have played Fairy Godmother to staff at a Cambridgeshire pub left high and dry after a publican suddenly upped and left.
Staff at the Little London pub in Wisbech Road, March, complained to the Cambs Times that they had not been paid for the week prior to Christmas after the landlord upped sticks.
One staff member said: “Some of us have families and bills to pay but Marston’s say they will not pay as this was the responsibility of the people running their pub.”
But a brewery spokesman last night insisted that all staff would be paid and that the pub was now under new management.
A spokesman for Marston’s said: “We are very disappointed about the incident at the Little London Inn and we deeply sympathise with all the staff at the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“We have drafted in another retailer immediately, Salvatore Savino from the Rose and Crown, Oundle, who will now take the helm at the pub.
“He is a very experienced retailer and we are delighted he’ll be joining the Little London Inn to help us through this difficult period and ensure the well being of the staff.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“We are delighted that he will be retaining all current staff on the payroll.”