Oh yez, Oh yez, Oh yez: Roll up on Sunday for Fenland town’s big festival
WHITTLESEY Festival is set for Sunday as a part of the ‘Fenland Four Seasons’ event programme, with a whole host of attractions confirmed for the big day.
This is a whole town event, organised by Fenland District Council in partnership with the Whittlesey Business Forum and Whittlesey Town Council, along with a wide range of other community organisations.
Organisers will also be adding a European flavour to Whittlesey by having an Italian Food Market as part of the Festival.
In addition there will be plenty of other stalls and attractions, including two climbing walls, one for youngsters and the other for older children and daring adults. These and the fairground rides will be free of charge for children, making it a fun day out for all the family.
Displays will cover a variety of interests, with face painting and puppet shows for the children and for those who like a bit of nostalgia there will be Classic Car displays, the Peterborough Clog Dancers, the ‘Pride of the Fens’ traction engine, the Melton Mowbray Vintage Cycle Club and a collection of Victorian strollers in traditional costume.
You may also want to watch:
For the children, there will be Punch & Judy and Magic Shows, puppetry workshops, and a Falconry display. Free Balloon models for children will be available all day! Other attractions for all the family include a tug-o-war contest, a display of steam driven toys and an Art exhibition in Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street. You can even try to win an original painting by local artist John Abbot.
The festival is expecting over 50 stalls and attractions offering crafts, gifts, tombolas, hot foods, ice cream, a hog roast and entertainment for the whole family from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Watch out for free event programmes in local shops, Manor Leisure Centre, the Library and One-Stop-Shop. This event takes place on the Market Place, in Market Street, Post Office Lane, in the car park behind ‘The George’ and on St Mary’s Church Yard. Other activities and displays will be staged in ‘Childers’ social club, The Falcon Hotel and in Whittlesey Museum.