OIL SPILL: Motorists urged to take care after oil spills onto Fenland roads
MOTORISTS have been warned to take care after oil was spilled on two Fenland roads today.
Highways officials have sent workmen and police are on the scene to tackle the spillage.
Cars encountering difficulties with the oil have been reported at Boots Bridge near Manea at the junction with the Sixteen Foot and also at the junction with the A141 at Wimblington.
“I saw cars braking and sliding,” said Steve Norman who took these photos and lives nearby.
“It is neat oil so I can only assume it is in some sort of container and on the back of a truck or lorry.”
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said: “There is a length of road that has oil on it, and we have sent out a highways team to grit the road. They will assess the situation and respond to what the police ask them to do.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 10 Man found dead in March