Older people in Fenland are invited to drop in sessions for help reducing bills, free grab rails or even free central heating
- Credit: Archant
A service that offers support to older people in Fenland is running a series of free drop in sessions at the Light Cinema in Wisbech and two libraries.
Centra outreach offer free community support to anyone over the age of 65 living in the district.
Retired Westwood Junior School lollipop man Richard Belton and his wife Anna, of March, were helped through Centra’s Healthy Homes project who sorted new rail grabs in their home courtesy of Age UK and free gas central heating alongside improved insulation.
Centra also supported them to find £700 extra income a month and gave help to significantly reduce their utility bills.
The outreach service is provided on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council and is short term and designed to help with specific needs so that it is available as and when needed.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to help people live more independently and maintain their homes.
Drop in sessions are:
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
• Monday September 18 and Monday November 20 from 10am to noon at The Light Cinema, Wisbech.
• Monday October 2 from 10am to noon at March Library.
• Thursday December 7 from 10am to noon at Wisbech Library.
• Monday December 18 from 9am to 11am at The Light Cinema, Wisbech.
• Call 0300 004 0349 to start a referral.