On yer bike! Pro BMX rider Matti’s skills wow Wisbech St. Mary pupils as part of Sustrans’ schools programme
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St. Mary Primary School pupils were left amazed by the skills of professional BMX rider Matt Hemmings after he swung by the school for a special visit as part of Sustrans’ schools programme.
Flat land BMX rider Hemmings – who holds the Guinness World Record for the most spins on the spot - stopped off at the school on Thursday March 10 to show off his stunt skills to the school’s pupils to try and encourage them and other children across the region to cycle, scoot and walk to school.
Sustrans’ school work is funded through the Cambridgeshire County Council, with schools officer Craig Johnson helping to organise visits to four schools in Fenland.
Craig said: “The children loved the visit – they were all screaming when Matti did his tricks.
“Hopefully the visit will encourage the children to get their bikes out the sheds and use them to get to school.”
You may also want to watch:
Matti also visited Friday Bridge Primary, Payne Primary and Clarkson Infant and Nursery school.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire