Once again MP looks at symptoms of unruly gangmasters and disregards real causes
- Credit: Archant
ONCE again I see MP Steve Barclay devoting huge amounts of his time to sorting the problems of migrant workers who are exploited by gangmasters and unscrupulous landlords.
As ever with Mr Barclay and his ilk, he continues to look at the symptoms and disregards the real causes of this problem.
To overcome these problems, Mr Barclay should insist sensible conditions to be met by every immigrant to this country.
They should be able to demonstrate that they have a guaranteed job waiting for them. They should further demonstrate that they have the funds to support themselves for at least six months and are in possession of a return ticket to their home country for use should things not work out for them.
Possession of the above would surely guarantee a level of independence from those who wish to exploit them and free up Mr Barclay to concentrate on the problems of those who actually voted for him.
You may also want to watch:
I see that taxpayer-funded interpreters in the form of foreign speaking PCSOs are provided for their benefit - absolutely no chance, I suppose, of charging non-English speakers for this service to recoup some tax payer’s money? No, I thought not!
Also, the fact that two-pin plugs are forced into three point sockets would be amusing, were it not dangerous, and indicative of a total ignorance of the way of life in this country.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder