Once ‘desperate, broken and devastated’ Jaimee lost six stone in just one year and is now launching a new Whittlesey Slimming World group to help others fight the flab
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey woman who used to ‘hate’ herself for the way she looked – and suffered liver failure after trying to sustain an “unmanageable diet” - has changed her life around.
Jaimee Aliker is using her remarkable weight loss transformation to help others by launching a new Slimming World group which opens next Wednesday evening.
The 28-year-old lost six stone and dropped from a size 22 to a size 10 following the birth of her daughter last year.
“I had many low points as I struggled through my late teens and early twenties – pretending that being overweight wasn’t a problem but privately hating myself for the way I looked.
“After my daughter was born my weight rocketed up further to a size 26 - I knew that I had to do something about it.
You may also want to watch:
“Not just for me this time, but for my daughter.”
Two years later after struggling with an “unmanageable diet” Jamiee was rushed to hospital with liver failure and the following year her gall bladder was removed.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Eventually I went to see my doctor – at this point I was desperate, broken and struggling to cope as my weight spiralled out of control.”
Jaimee soon confessed her emotions to her doctor only to be told, ‘what do you want me to do about it? You’ve always been big’.
“Leaving devastated and seemingly with nowhere else to turn, a friend suggested Slimming World.
“I’m sure I was the biggest person there, but no one made me feel big, in fact that they were all so welcoming.
“For the first time in a long time I forgot about my size.
“I actually felt positive about the future.”
The group launches on Wednesday, September 2, at 7.30pm, at Childers, Whittlesey.