One charity cheque makes two of Whittlesey woman Anna’s wishes come true
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey woman Anna Clark crossed two ambitions off her wish-list this week after presenting a cheque to charity and meeting the town’s mayor.
Anna, who is in her 30s and has Down’s Syndrome, has drawn up a lengthy list of things she wants to do and is slowly working her way through it.
Among her hopes was to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society in memory of her grandmother who died as a result of the disease last year.
With the help of support worker Irene MacDonald and other residents at her supported living home in Snoots Road, Anna managed to raise just over £1,000 for the charity through a series of events including: a fete, a raffle, cake stalls and a tombola.
She handed over the cheque on Monday to Alison Harrison of the Alzheimer’s Society watched by her house-mates, friends and family as well as Whittlesey Mayor Alex Miscandlon.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Miscandlon’s presence meant it was a double whammy for Anna, as meeting the mayor was also on her wish-list. The next step will be a trip to the Winter Wonderland in London next month.
She has already had a massive tick after going to the X-Factor auditions in London earlier this summer, where before joining the rest of the audience, she had a one-to-one meeting with singer Olly Murs in the green room.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
And also in the summer she re-visited the Isle of Wight for a holiday - a place that holds lots of childhood memories to give another tick off the list. Irene explained: “Anna has come up with this wish-list and we are doing our best to see her complete it. She was absolutely thrilled to meet the mayor and have her picture taken with him at the cheque presentation, which was also an ambition realised, on Monday.”