One dead after two cars and two lorries involved in collision at Kings Lynn: A17 into Lincolnshire remains closed
- Credit: Paul Tibbs
Police dealing with a serious collision on the A17 at King’s Lynn have confirmed one person has died.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 1.20pm after two cars and two HGVs were involved in a collision on the approach to the Pullover Roundabout.
The occupant of one of the cars died as a result of injuries sustained in the collision.
Two other casualties, from one of the HGVs and one from the other car, were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The road remains closed while officers carry out their investigations and the vehicles are recovered. It is expected to be closed for another two hours.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision and witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
Wisbech was tonight reported to be gridlocked as vehicles are being diverted through the town.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The A17 has been closed in the Lincolnshire direction and motorists are advised to avoid the area.