One in 15 calls to Crimestoppers from Cambridgeshire results in an arrest
ONE in every 15 calls to Crimestoppers from Cambridgeshire led to an arrest last year.
Crimestoppers said today they had received nearly 600 pieces of “actionable information “which had led to 40 arrests.
Ann Scott, Eastern Regional Manager for Crimestoppers said: “We’re extremely proud that Crimestoppers continues to play such a vital role in helping to make our local community a safer place to live.
“I’d like to reassure the public that our service is completely anonymous and in the 23 years that the charity’s been running no one has ever been identified.
“The service is run for you, the public, to help make your community a safer place to live. We’re not part of the police or government, we’re an independent charity, so by contacting us you’ll never have to give a statement to the police or go to court.”
You may also want to watch:
This year has seen a newly formed Cambridgeshire Crimestoppers volunteer group which has been involved in a number of successful events promoting Fearless, the Crimestoppers brand for young people.
Detective Inspector Tim Nasta said: “The information we receive through Crimestoppers is invaluable and key to helping us to detect and deter crime.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 8 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
Crimestoppers operates the 24/7 0800 555 111 telephone number for people to pass on information about crimes anonymously. Information can also be passed via the charity’s website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.