One person killed and several injured in collision involving four cars and a lorry - A142 at Mepal between Sutton and Block Fen to be closed all day
- Credit: Archant
One person has died and several others have been injured following a collision involving four cars and a lorry on the A142 at Mepal this morning.
Police were called at around 6am to reports of a serious collision.
Officers are at the scene and are advising motorists to avoid the area as the road is to be closed for the rest of the day.
The road is closed between Sutton and Block Fen. Fire and ambulance are also in attendance.
Fenland Police tweeted at 8am: “A142 closed between Sutton and Block Fen due to serious accident. “Will be closed all day.
You may also want to watch:
“Please use alternative routes.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital