Open day at Emneth Nursery School and Children’s Centre will showcase their new facilities
A RANGE of new facilities that have has been created at Emneth Nursery School and Children’s Centre will go on show during an open day later this month.
A new parents room, sensory room and ICT suite have been set up, and a range of new groups is also being launched by the centre this autumn.
Community lead Marsha Jones said: “The new facilities are fantastic, and the opportunities they will give the children will be amazing, we are very fortunate to have them.
“We hope everyone will come along to our open day on Saturday September 29, between 10 and 12 noon, to take a look around the children’s centre, and the nursery and day care provision.”
The parents room includes a computer linked to Jobcentre Plus, and facilities for parents to meet and enjoy a cup of tea at any time the centre is open. Bubble tubes, tactile surfaces and noise creating equipment are being installed in the sensory room, which will be used by a number of groups that meet at the centre. Brand new computer equipment, including touch screens, will operate in the ICT room.
A breast feeding support service, called Baby Cafe Local, has been relaunched at the centre. It runs every Tuesday between 1pm and 3pm,
A. new two-session ante-natal class is being run by the NCT on Saturdays September 15 and 22, from 10am to 2pm, called “Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond”. To book a place, contact the centre on 01945 582401.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens