Open day goes with a bang as children launch rockets at Wisbech Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
Children launched rockets, tried to solve a forensic crime scene and baked pizzas as part of an open day at Wisbech Grammar School.
More than 150 prospective parents and pupils enjoyed the Year 5 open day designed to give a taste of life in readiness for senior school entry in September 2017.
Headmaster Chris Staley said: “Academic excellence is at the heart of our educational approach.
In tandem, we offer an all-round educational journey that inspires and enables our pupils to go beyond the narrow confines of exam specifications, delivering a bespoke educational experience.
“The scholarship programme we have launched this year will make it possible for talented children to experience this and achieve their full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Parents learnt about the elite sports performance programme for talented, aspiring performance athletes, which is made up of workshops, performance tracking and mentoring sessions covering nutrition, sports physiotherapy, sports psychology, fitness and conditioning.
He told how the length of the day in the preparatory school and senior school is being changed to become more flexibile, increase teaching time and deliver extra-curricular time.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept