Open day will be a knock out at Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Boxers showcase their talents at an open day at the Whittlesey amateur boxing club this weekend.
The club is throwing open its doors to show off spa-ing skills and to encourage new people to join for keep fit fun or serious competition events.
Joining the open day this Sunday will be Fen boxing legend Dave Boy Green of Chatteris who will get involved in a host of activities taking place including parents vs kids challenge, spa-ing and a medicine ball challenge.
Leanne Bostarini, of the club, said boxing was a great way to keep fit, get rid of stress and have fun at the same time.
“People don’t need to be serious about fighting, they might just want to keep fit and boxing is perfect.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone can go along to the club,from the age of eight.
There are circuit style training nights, club nights and a ladies boxercise class for those who want to get fit without the fighting element.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
With a permanent dedicated base at Aaron Road Industrial Estate, Whittlesey, the club has 36 youth members and 24 adults but there is room for more people to get involved.
They meet on Mondays and Fridays from 6.30-9.30 for club nights.
Tuesday from 7-9 and Thursday from 6.30 to 8.30 is circuit style training nights while Sunday is ladies only boxercise from 10-11.
You can either turn up for £4 a session or join for £20 and pay £3 per session.
The open day takes place this Sunday (Feb 9) from 11-3. All welcome.
For information call chairman Jon King on 07966-194388.