Open mic nights at back as the wordsmiths and poets of Fenland prepare for 2014
- Credit: Archant
After three successful events in 2013, the Fen Speak Poetry and Spoken Word Open Mic night will be back at the Wisbech and Fenland Museum in January!
So if you’re a poet, writer, storyteller, or performer, this is your chance to shine!
Fen Speak is a collaboration between local poets Elaine Ewart and Leanne Moden, and is supported by AdeC, Atelier East and the Wisbech & Fenland Museum, as part of the Fenland Poet Laureate Programme.
The events are designed to support local writers, helping them to meet other like-minded creative people, as well as developing their performance skills. The regular open mics provide a friendly space for poets to read their work aloud, while encouraging all ages and abilities to try their hand at performing.
The next Fen Speak open mic night takes place on Wednesday January 15 at the Wisbech and Fenland Museum, Museum Square, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
There’s no charge for entry, and no obligation to perform. Doors open at 7:30pm and the show starts at 8pm.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens