Opening hours at Wisbech Register Office to be cut “to better reflect customer demand” says Cambridgeshire County Council
- Credit: Archant
Opening hours at Wisbech Register Office are to be cut “to better reflect customer demand”.
Cambridgeshire County Council says the office – which moved to the £6.5million Awdry House in Ramnoth Road last year- will no longer be open on Fridays.
The changes come into affect from October 1 and means registration of births, marriages and deaths can only be made on Mondays and Wednesdays.
“Changes to opening hours are set to be made at Wisbech Registration Office to better reflect customer demand and help meet savings,” said a council spokesman.
All customers can continue to make appointments for Cambridge, Ely, March and Huntingdon on a Friday, by calling 0345 045 1363.
You may also want to watch:
The Wisbech office also provides a wedding venue – the Clare Room- for up to 30 guests.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache