Ormiston fund-raiser achieves her personal goal - a place in this year’s Great Eastern Run
A FENLAND fund-raiser will practise what she preaches this weekend when she takes on the Great Eastern Run.
Charlotte Garner, of March, a community fund-raiser for Ormiston Children & Families Trust, is taking part in the 5km fun run in Peterborough on Sunday to raise money for the charity.
Sunday’s race will be the first run that Charlotte is taking part in - and it has been a personal goal of hers this year.
Although she only found out a couple of weeks ago that she had a place in the fun run, she has been running twice a week since January to prepare for the event.
Next year she is hoping to take part in the Great Eastern Run Half-Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte said: “I’m really excited to be running the fun run. It’s my first run and I’m doing it in aid of a charity I really believe in.
“I’ve seen first hand the difference that Ormiston makes to the lives of children and families in the community and I want to help them make young lives better.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
“Also, as a fund-raiser for the charity, I want to lead by example. Hopefully next year a group will join me and run for Ormiston as well.”
She also said: “I think getting out of bed early on a Sunday morning is a challenge in its own right and considering it is forecast to rain it will be a massive challenge!”
Any money that Charlotte raises from doing the 5K Fun Run will help to ensure that Ormiston is able to continue delivering its vital services in Cambridgeshire. Its projects include children’s centres in March and Chatteris, a Travellers Health Advocacy Project, the Fenland Play Ranger Service and the Fenland Young People’s Housing Project.
To support Charlotte, visit www.justgiving.com/charlotte-garner1
• Are you taking part in this weekend’s Great Eastern Run? E-mail email@example.com