Ouse Washes photography competition launched which will celebrate landscapes, wildlife and people
- Credit: Archant
Budding photographers are being asked to take snaps of the Ouse Washes for a competition ... with prizes up for grabs.
In the lead up to the summer OuseFest celebrations (July 20 - August 2), the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership have launched a Snap the Ouse Photography Competition.
The competition is open to any photographs that define the character of the Ouse Washes and surrounding areas, highlighting its landscapes, wildlife, people, buildings or water.
Sara Marshall, countryside engagement and marketing officer at the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership, said: “We hope the Snap the Ouse Competition will be a fun opportunity for people to see their local environment through different eyes, discover new aspects not seen before and capture what their local area means to them.”
A shortlist of 12 photographs will be posted on the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership’s website for public voting and will also be exhibited at the OuseFest Fun Day on Saturday July 25 at Mepal Outdoor Centre.
You may also want to watch:
There will be three winners, one from each entrance category (age 12 or under; 13–18; 19 or over), who will each receive a basket of prizes worth £50.
To participate, send your photographs taken in the Ouse Washes or surrounding area to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday May 31.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
More information can be found at www.ousewashes.org.uk