Outdoor production of Romeo and Juliet to be staged at Haddenham
WATCHING a Shakespeare production outdoors is a great summer treat, and there’s a chance to see Romeo and Juliet in the garden of a Haddenham home later this month.
StageStruck Theatre is staging the production at Liverpool House, with proceeds being donated to local charities.
The play will be performed eight times over an 11-day period, with stalls and other garden party entertainment before the play starts.
Two years ago, a Midsummer’s Night Dream played to sell out audiences at the same venue, raising more than �3,000 for local organisations and charities.
Liverpool house is the High Street home of John and Sarah Shippey. John said: “We are delighted to report that the production has been chosen to be part of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages initiative – a new project that aims to embrace, develop and celebrate amateur theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
Performances take place on the evenings of August 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Gates open at 7pm on weekdays and 6:30pm on the two Fridays and Saturdays; with performances beginning at 7:45pm.
Tickets are still available for August 8, 9, 15 and 16 August, with all tickets costing
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
�8.50. They are available from: Haddenham Galleries, 20 High Street, Haddenham, Ely CB6 XA, phone 01353 749188, e-mail <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org