Outpatients clinics at Princess of Wales Hospital and Doddington Hospital secured
- Credit: Archant
The future of outpatients clinics at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely and Doddington Hospital have been secured.
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has confirmed a deal with the Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to run the clinics in Cambridgeshire from September 2017.
Tracy Dowling, chief officer at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, said: “I am pleased to announce that Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has agreed to work with us to provide outpatients clinics at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely and at Doddington Hospital in Fenland from September 2017.
“Until September 2017 Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust will continue to provide outpatients services at the two hospitals.
“Whilst there is still much work to do to agree the finer details, this is an excellent example of our local NHS working together as one system to deliver the important services our patients need.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to take this opportunity of thanking the staff for their continued patience and for their continued commitment to their patients and for their hard work during this difficult period.”
Ms Dowling had said earlier this month that conversations to find someone to run the clinics was “near completion” after the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust gave notice to end their contract in March next year.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
MP Steve Barclay, who backed the campaign to save the outpatients clinics, is now targeting a similar outcome for the three Minor Injury Units (MIUs) in the county, which are under threat.
He tweeted: “After staff were told the outpatient services were to end in April at Ely and Doddington, the CCG have now confirmed they are secure with a new contract. MIUs next.”