Wisbech pre-school ranked as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for their “consistently high” standard of teaching
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech pre-school has been classed as outstanding by education inspectors for their “consistently high” standard of teaching and “excellent provision” for children.
Gorefield Pre-School was praised by Ofsted in all four areas of inspection following the visit in May.
The education watchdog said that staff had an “excellent rapport” with parents, who were “extremely positive” about the pre-school and what their children are learning.
Manager, Christine Kaye, thanked children, staff and parents for making the school a “fun, safe and nurturing environment”.
She said: “We are delighted that we have achieved an outstanding in all areas grade.
“This is a truly fantastic result for everyone at Gorefield Pre-School.
“To be graded as outstanding in all areas is an achievement that we would not have been able to reach without the dedication and commitment of the pre-school staff.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
“I would also like to take the opportunity to thank the staff, parents, the committee and the children themselves for working with us in making Gorefield Pre-School a fun, safe and nurturing environment to work and play each and every day.”
Ofsted inspector, Gail Warnes, said in her report: “Staff have an excellent rapport with parents, who are extremely positive about the pre-school. Parents know precisely what their children are learning and are exceptionally well supported to continue this at home. This significantly contributes to the rapid progress children make’.
“The quality of teaching is consistently high. Staff expertly plan stimulating and challenging activities that support children’s emerging interests.
“They intuitively adapt activities to enable each child to participate at their individual stage of development. All children make rapid progress in relation to their starting points.
“The manager and the committee are passionate in their role to achieve the highest standards in care and children’s learning experiences. They implement robust risk assessments, policies and procedures that underpin the excellent provision and support children’s health, safety and well-being.”
Children were also praised for their “strong bonds” with staff, as they “thrive in the nurturing environment and their behavior is exemplary.”
To further improve, the pre-school was asked to continue to develop the outdoor area and the impact that has on children.
Gorefield Pre-School registered in 1994 and is run by a committee.
It has 32 children on its roll aged between two and four.