Outwell church’s flower festival raises record amount
- Credit: Archant
AN Outwell church’s flower festival raised more than £2,200 for church funds.
St Andrew’s Methodist Church, Outwell, which celebrates its 50th birthday this year, welcomed people of all ages to its annual event.
As well as the flower displays, services were held and residents from the surrounding care homes were invited along to enjoy a delicious lunch.
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: “We raised £2,213, which is a remarkable amount for a remarkable weekend.
“We are having a few financial struggles and just had to spend a lot on the church car park so the money will make a big difference.
You may also want to watch:
“It is our best ever amount, so it is fair to say the festival was a success.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital