Splashing time at Outwell Festival as impressive rafts turnout for race
- Credit: Archant
The sun shone on the annual Outwell Festival this weekend - which included raft racing.
The event, which is organised by Outwell Village Hall and Playing Field group, saw dozens turn out for the music festival and Saturday’s races.
Revellers lined the banks of Well Creek to cheer on the competitors who launched their home-built rafts at the Crown Lodge Hotel.
Decorated rafts of all shapes and sizes took to the water, as some sailors dressed up in costumes and wigs to add to the fun.
Then on Sunday Outfest continued with a number of bands playing at the village playing field. Performers included: ‘Cast No Shadow’, ‘Pretty Ace’, 4th Labyrinth’ and ‘Big Phil’.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers were delighted with the support, posting on Facebook: “Massive thank you to all that supported Outwell festival over the weekend. Special thanks to all the bands who made the day possible.
“Now to start planning for next year!”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Amanda Ward responded: “It was a fantastic day, great to see the community come together, brilliant turn out ...Massive thanks and well done to the committee and all involved, a lot of hard work and effort put in to make it all happen!!”
There was also sideshows, games and craft stalls, car boot stalls, bouncy castles, a barbecue and licensed bar.