Splashing time at Outwell Festival as impressive rafts turnout for race
- Credit: Archant
The sun shone on the annual Outwell Festival this weekend - which included raft racing.
The event, which is organised by Outwell Village Hall and Playing Field group, saw dozens turn out for the music festival and Saturday’s races.
Revellers lined the banks of Well Creek to cheer on the competitors who launched their home-built rafts at the Crown Lodge Hotel.
Decorated rafts of all shapes and sizes took to the water, as some sailors dressed up in costumes and wigs to add to the fun.
Then on Sunday Outfest continued with a number of bands playing at the village playing field. Performers included: ‘Cast No Shadow’, ‘Pretty Ace’, 4th Labyrinth’ and ‘Big Phil’.
Organisers were delighted with the support, posting on Facebook: “Massive thank you to all that supported Outwell festival over the weekend. Special thanks to all the bands who made the day possible.
“Now to start planning for next year!”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
Amanda Ward responded: “It was a fantastic day, great to see the community come together, brilliant turn out ...Massive thanks and well done to the committee and all involved, a lot of hard work and effort put in to make it all happen!!”
There was also sideshows, games and craft stalls, car boot stalls, bouncy castles, a barbecue and licensed bar.