Outwell Post Office is given a facelift
- Credit: Archant
Outwell Post office is undergoing a major refurbishment which will lead to seven day a week opening hours.
Once work is complete the Post Office will be open seven days a week from 6am to 9pm.
The branch, in Church Terrace, is currently closed and will re-open on Friday August 8 when it offers a wider range of services for customers including a quick service open plan till, an extra 59 hours service a week, bill payment, banking, benefits and travel money.
It will also offer home shopping returns and a Local Collect service.
Peter Wilkinson, Area Manager said: “We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Wisbech. We are confident this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the community will be popular. The modernisation is part of a major Government investment programme enabling us to continue investing in the Post Office network and to map out a bold growth strategy to the end of the decade.”
You may also want to watch:
The new Post Office service is 59 hours a week more than previously offered, including all day Sunday and Saturday afternoon.
The branch also opens significantly earlier and closes much later every day. This makes it more convenient for customers as there is more choice when to visit.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
Customers will be able to access a wide range of Post Office and mails services, including home shopping returns, online banking cash deposits and withdrawals. Other services include withdrawals using a Post Office card account, sending funds abroad using Moneygram, and paying bills.
They can also pre-order travel money, apply for travel insurance and top up mobile phones.