Outwell Swifts make it eight wins in a row and March Town Reserves stay top - Fenland football round-up

Outwell Swifts made it an impressive eight wins from eight matches after they beat Paxton United 5-2 in the Kershaw Senior A on Saturday.

Goals from Ross Beart, Callum Fendley, Paul Richardson and a brace from Ben Jimson gave Outwell the win and sees them sit three points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand.

In NMC 1B, goals from James Youles, Thomas Morton and two from Callum Young saw March Town United Reserves stay top of the league on goal difference as they routed Littleport Town 4-0.

Wisbech St Mary’s Reserves remain hot on their heels in second following their 3-1 victory over Buckden.

Upwell Town were in Lower Junior Challenge Cup action, earning their place in the next round by beating Whittlesey Athletic B 3-1.

You may also want to watch:

Chatteris Town A also booked their place in the next round; beating Barrington Reserves 4-1.

Guyhirn failed to progress, however, as they lost 3-1 against Burwell Tigers.

Most Read

In the John Ablett Cup, NMC 3B strugglers Wimblingdon Reserves crashed out the competition thanks to a 4-0 defeat to Offord United.

In the North Cambs Junior Cup, Doddington United couldn’t carry their impressive league form over into the cup as they lost 7-2 to Wisbech Town Reserves.

In NMC 2B, March Rangers secured their second win of the season with a 3-1 win over Bar Hill Saturday Reserves.

In NMC 3B, Chatteris Fen Tigers are still without a win after they were defeated 3-2 by Earith United.

Also without a win are Benwick Athletic, who were hammered 7-0 by AFC Barley Mow.

In NMC 4B, Coldham United are rock bottom of the league following their narrow 4-3 loss to Hemingfords United A.

Chatteris Fen Tigers Reserves are one place above them in the relegation zone following their 3-0 loss to March Rangers Reserves.

And in NMC 5B, Upwell Town reserves hit six past Chatteris Town B as they won 6-1, taking them up to fifth in the league.

Manea United Reserves were also in the goals; beating Barton Mills 5-1.

In the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup, Whittlesey Athletic experienced the heartbreak of a penalty shootout loss after their 3-3 draw with Hardwick FC. The sides couldn’t be seperated after 120 minutes of football, and Hardwick kept their composure from the spot to win the shootout 5-4.

Long Sutton Athletic also exited a cup competition - the Lincs FA County Junior Cup - losing 5-3 to Baston.

Sutton Bridge United, however, progressed as they beat Lincoln Railway AFC 3-1.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter