Over 1,000 people say yes to first Covid-19 vaccine in just four days
- Credit: PA
Over 1,000 people have come forward to get their first Covid-19 vaccine in just four days.
It comes after the Prime Minister's latest announcement regarding the Omicron variant and acceleration of the booster programme.
NHS teams across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are working around the clock to accelerate the delivery of the booster programme in communities.
Those who have yet to take up any dose of the vaccination are still being urged to come forward.
Dr Gary Howsam, chair at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough clinical commissioning group, said: “I’m thrilled that we’ve seen 1,200 people come forward.
“It’s never too late to take up the offer and get your vaccine. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions you have to make sure you’re comfortable before receiving your jab.
The NHS is also marking six months since the programme was opened up to all adults on June 17 this year.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues