Overhead cable falls down and causes fire in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews have been called out to deal with fires in Murrow, Chatteris and Ramsey this week.
A crew from Ramsey was called this morning to a fire in Benwick Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, which was caused when an overhead cable came down and set fire to a ditch.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and returned to their stations by 11.55am.
A driver suffered burns in a car fire in Back Road, Murrow yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters gave emergency first aid at the scene and an ambulance was called.
A crew was also called to an open fire in Fenton Way, Chatteris today.
The fire was located off the roadside between Chatteris and March.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 7 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
The cause of the fire is unknown. Crews returned to their stations by 2.30pm.