Overhead cable falls down and causes fire in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews have been called out to deal with fires in Murrow, Chatteris and Ramsey this week.
A crew from Ramsey was called this morning to a fire in Benwick Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, which was caused when an overhead cable came down and set fire to a ditch.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and returned to their stations by 11.55am.
A driver suffered burns in a car fire in Back Road, Murrow yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters gave emergency first aid at the scene and an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
A crew was also called to an open fire in Fenton Way, Chatteris today.
The fire was located off the roadside between Chatteris and March.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The cause of the fire is unknown. Crews returned to their stations by 2.30pm.