Oxbridge awaits two Wisbech Grammar School students
- Credit: Archant
TWO sixth form students at Wisbech Grammar School have won offers of places at prestigious colleges in Oxford and Cambridge.
Head boy Sam-Henry Pressling, 18, will study medicine at Trinity College, Cambridge. He is a member of the school’s 1st XV rugby team and has played for Leicester Tigers and Bedford Blues.
Jonathan Ison, 18, the school’s deputy head boy, will read physics at Christ Church College, Oxford. He has represented the school at rugby and hockey and has appeared in the school play, Pride and prejudice.
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond paid tribute to the two students.
He said: “We are delighted for Sam-Henry and for Jonathan that their talents have been recognised by prestigious universities.
You may also want to watch:
“This is proof that our all-round approach to education is valued in the highest echelons of the British university system.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens