Packing bags packs a fund raising punch for Thomas Eaton pupils
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren of Thomas Eaton Primary School alongside the parents and teachers joined forces to help pack the bags of Sainsbury’s March customers. Overall they raised £360.33 as well as collecting 431 Active School vouchers.
Overall they raised £360.33 as well as collecting 431 Active School vouchers.
The funds, along with other funds raised by the PTA, will go towards events and experiences for the children over the course of the year.
Recently the children have visited the Cresset Theatre in Peterborough to see Beauty and the Beast, experienced space in a mobile planetarium, climbed a 24ft mobile climbing wall to see how many times they could collectively climb the height of Big Ben and they have another treat in store at the end of the summer term, yet to be revealed to them.
Sainsbury’s co-ordinator Farron Davis, said: “I’m thrilled at the amount raised and I would like to thank our brilliant customers for all of their support. The children were all full of smiles and customers continually told me how helpful and polite they were.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne Appleby, PTA co-chair, said:- “We are amazed by the amount so kindly and generously donated by Sainsbury’s customers and would like to say a huge thankyou to both the customers and the staff for making us so welcome and allowing us to pack their bags.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council