Paddle boarders spotted braving ‘strong currents’ on freezing River Nene
- Credit: Terry Harris
A group of brazen paddle boarders were spotted braving the “strong currents” on the River Nene earlier this morning in Whittlesey.
Freelance press photographer Terry Harris snapped the group heading past the Dog in a Doublet pub on the B1040 North Side near the Fenland town.
Passing the photojournalist, one of the paddleboarders revealed “the current is quite strong out there” and after getting wet said the water “was freezing”.
Harris said: “One of the paddleboarders nearly fell in to the wash and get soaked... he said the water was very cold and freezing.
“The group of four, three of which were pictured together, went down as far as the sluice near the Dog in a Doublet and looped back around.”
You may also want to watch:
The cameraman was taking his daughter out on a drive to get out the house when he spotted the group paddling down the wash.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years