Man who had thousands of indecent images of children is jailed for three years
- Credit: Archant
A man who was caught with thousands of indecent images of vulnerable children being abused has been jailed.
Robert Mills, 46, was caught when his Internet Protocol (IP) address was linked to an indecent image of a child which had been uploaded to the internet.
On April 19, 2017, officers from the Paedophile Online Investigation Team (POLIT) carried out a warrant at his home in Old North Road, Bassingbourn.
They seized 32 items for analysis which revealed 5879 indecent images or videos of children. Of these, 1649 were category A - the most severe.
On July 17 Mills was arrested following a further report and additional devices were seized for examination. These revealed an additional 1362 indecent images.
You may also want to watch:
Mills admitted seven counts of making indecent images of children and four of distributing indecent images of children.
On Monday (November 18) at Cambridge Crown Court he was jailed for three years. He was also given sexual harm prevention order and placed on the Sex Offenders Register - both indefinitely.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 4 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 5 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Detective Sergeant Julia Boon, of the POLIT, said: "Each of these images or video represents a vulnerable child being abused. It is vital we are doing all we can to protect children in our communities.
"Our dedicated team work tirelessly to bring people before the courts who choose to download or distribute indecent content involving children."