Paedophile special police constable is jailed for five years
- Credit: Archant
A special constable has today (25) been jailed for five years for sexual offences against children.
Daniel Clarkson, 25, who is based at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge pleaded guilty to causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, four counts of penetrative sexual activity with a child and one count of non-penetrative activity with a child earlier this month.
The offences relate to two separate girls.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Sloan said: “The crimes committed by Daniel Clarkson were very serious and that is reflected in the sentence handed down by the court today.
“We want the public and our own employees to feel confident about raising concerns about the conduct of our officers and staff. We will always investigate these cases thoroughly and ensure any offenders are brought to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
He was jailed at Cambridge Crown Court and given an extended license of three years on his release due to the high risk he was deemed to pose to children.
He was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
Clarkson was arrested and suspended on May 20 last year. He remains suspended pending misconduct proceedings.