Paintballing and Valentine disco to help a man run the London marathon
- Credit: Archant
A fund raising mission has been launched by a man who is running the London Marathon in 2015.
Stewart Harrison is running in memory of his Mum Carole who died in 2011 of Lung Cancer.
Mr Harrison, is running for Roy Castle’s Lung Cancer Foundation and now needs to raise £1900 to secure his place in the event.
“I’ve always been fairly active but never really done any running but the London Marathon is such an iconic event I decided I wanted to take on the challenge,” said Mr Harrison of Walton Highway.
He joined Fenland Running Club in January 2014 and lost 3.5st to get fit for the race.
You may also want to watch:
“The club have been really friendly and helped massively in me attempting this challenge. A fantastic club and very proud to be part of it. I’m in the best shape since leaving school I’m aiming for a time of under four hours,” he said.
So far to raise funds he has hired the Light Cinema in Wisbech and put on a charity movie morning for children showing the Disney movie sing along Frozen.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Next event is a paintball game for all at Warzone in Three Holes on January 18. It costs £30 each player to include hot breakfast and lunch and 700 balls.
On Valentines Day there is a disco and buffet at the Wisbech St Mary Sports and Social Club. Tickets cost £10.
On March 1 there is a charity golf day at Tydd St Giles golf and country club.
Anyone interested in the events should email email@example.com for details and tickets.