Pair pass through Shippea Hill as part of a tour of all 2,563 railway stations in Britain
- Credit: Archant
A ground breaking online documentary about all 2,563 train stations in Britain is coming to Cambridgeshire.
All The Stations, an enormous crowdfunded film project, is currently underway.
A spokesman for the project said: “The premise is simple. Geoff Marshall and Vicki Pipe - whose YouTube videos on Geoff’s own channel have already exceeded 6 million views - are visiting every single railway station in Great Britain - all 2,563 of them.
“They’re releasing professionally edited videos along the way.
“It’s an online docu-series, and thousands of people are following along as they make their way across England, Scotland and Wales by train.
You may also want to watch:
“Next week the journey moves through Cambridgeshire and all the stations within.
“Cambridgeshire is special for a couple of reasons:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Firstly we have something special planned for Shippea Hill, notoriously the least used train station on the entire rail network.
“Secondly, another, rather lovely surprise: Vicki recently discovered through the 1901 census that her maternal great grandfather actually worked as a signalman at Shippea Hill (then Burnt Fen Station).
“It’s a pretty amazing coincidence, only discovered once All The Stations had already started.”
Geoff is a video producer who has twice held the world record for travelling to all the London Underground stations in the fastest possible time.
Vicki is a museum education professional at London Transport Museum. BBC Somerset and Surrey have already featured them on their shows, as well as other online and printed press outlets.
Geoff & Vicki are travelling to all 2,563 railway stations in Great Britain in just three months, and to create an online documentary film about the journey on the way.