Pair to take on Great Eastern Run in memory of late funeral home colleague
- Credit: Archant
Two members of staff at a Fenland funeral home will tackle the Great Eastern Run in memory of a popular colleague.
Tamara Fulcher, 45, funeral director at George James and Son, and funeral assistant and conductor Chris Brown, 46, will run the Peterborough half-marathon on October 13 in honour of Richard Knock.
Mr Knock, of Hereward Street, March, was a driver and bearer at the City Road funeral home when he died in August aged 71.
They will raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Mrs Fulcher said: “Richard was very popular and always supported me with my attempts to get fit. My dad died several years ago from heart problems.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never run a half-marathon before and Chris hasn’t run since he left school, but we’re determined to complete the race in two-and-a-half hours and raise as much money as we can for the British Heart Foundation in Richard’s memory.”
You can sponsor the pair at George James and Son in City Road or by calling 01354 652208.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November