Pair to take on Great Eastern Run in memory of late funeral home colleague
- Credit: Archant
Two members of staff at a Fenland funeral home will tackle the Great Eastern Run in memory of a popular colleague.
Tamara Fulcher, 45, funeral director at George James and Son, and funeral assistant and conductor Chris Brown, 46, will run the Peterborough half-marathon on October 13 in honour of Richard Knock.
Mr Knock, of Hereward Street, March, was a driver and bearer at the City Road funeral home when he died in August aged 71.
They will raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Mrs Fulcher said: “Richard was very popular and always supported me with my attempts to get fit. My dad died several years ago from heart problems.
“I’ve never run a half-marathon before and Chris hasn’t run since he left school, but we’re determined to complete the race in two-and-a-half hours and raise as much money as we can for the British Heart Foundation in Richard’s memory.”
You can sponsor the pair at George James and Son in City Road or by calling 01354 652208.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body