Paninis in March has another successful Christmas Day dinner
- Credit: Archant
Paninis in March held their annual Christmas Day dinner and it went down a treat.
Members of the community came together for a Christmas lunch made free of charge by staff at the coffee shop in the town centre.
The meal gives anybody the chance to share Christmas Day with members of their community that otherwise may be spending the day on their own.
A free taxi service offered by local drivers was provided to pick up people that were unable to walk down to the shop.
In a Facebook post on the day, Dave Humphrey, taxi driver, said: “Another successful year at Paninis Coffee shop, second sitting about to start with the sipping of sherry all to the accompaniment of music and other festive revellers.
You may also want to watch:
“What a wonderful day for everyone, thanks to the generosity of Barti and his coffee shop full of willing helpers.”
This is the third year Bartosz Alichper, owner of Paninis, has put on the dinner and recognises that some people may be hesitant, he said ‘just give me a call, book a place, just come on in and enjoy the day’.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years