Paninis in March has another successful Christmas Day dinner
- Credit: Archant
Paninis in March held their annual Christmas Day dinner and it went down a treat.
Members of the community came together for a Christmas lunch made free of charge by staff at the coffee shop in the town centre.
The meal gives anybody the chance to share Christmas Day with members of their community that otherwise may be spending the day on their own.
A free taxi service offered by local drivers was provided to pick up people that were unable to walk down to the shop.
In a Facebook post on the day, Dave Humphrey, taxi driver, said: “Another successful year at Paninis Coffee shop, second sitting about to start with the sipping of sherry all to the accompaniment of music and other festive revellers.
“What a wonderful day for everyone, thanks to the generosity of Barti and his coffee shop full of willing helpers.”
This is the third year Bartosz Alichper, owner of Paninis, has put on the dinner and recognises that some people may be hesitant, he said ‘just give me a call, book a place, just come on in and enjoy the day’.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body