Paninis in March has another successful Christmas Day dinner
- Credit: Archant
Paninis in March held their annual Christmas Day dinner and it went down a treat.
Members of the community came together for a Christmas lunch made free of charge by staff at the coffee shop in the town centre.
The meal gives anybody the chance to share Christmas Day with members of their community that otherwise may be spending the day on their own.
A free taxi service offered by local drivers was provided to pick up people that were unable to walk down to the shop.
In a Facebook post on the day, Dave Humphrey, taxi driver, said: “Another successful year at Paninis Coffee shop, second sitting about to start with the sipping of sherry all to the accompaniment of music and other festive revellers.
You may also want to watch:
“What a wonderful day for everyone, thanks to the generosity of Barti and his coffee shop full of willing helpers.”
This is the third year Bartosz Alichper, owner of Paninis, has put on the dinner and recognises that some people may be hesitant, he said ‘just give me a call, book a place, just come on in and enjoy the day’.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder