Papworth Hospital move
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds.
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds. They are proposing to build a new Papworth Hospital at Addenbrooks in Cambridge without consideration for either patients of visitors. To drive there is a nightmare and an even bigger nightmare is to find a parking place.
Whereas a few miles away they are going to knock down a perfectly good hospital namely Edith Cavell, Peterborough which is only 15 years old and with only a little updating would more than meet the needs of Papworth at a minute fraction of the cost. Furthermore the infrastructure is a lot better, the road system into the hospital is ten times better causing less trauma to the patients and parking is better, causing less stress to the visitors. There is even a bus service every 15 minutes right to the front door.
Maybe I am losing the purpose of the exercise which seems to be to spend as much money as they can which they have not got or can afford.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village