Papworth Hospital move
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds.
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds. They are proposing to build a new Papworth Hospital at Addenbrooks in Cambridge without consideration for either patients of visitors. To drive there is a nightmare and an even bigger nightmare is to find a parking place.
Whereas a few miles away they are going to knock down a perfectly good hospital namely Edith Cavell, Peterborough which is only 15 years old and with only a little updating would more than meet the needs of Papworth at a minute fraction of the cost. Furthermore the infrastructure is a lot better, the road system into the hospital is ten times better causing less trauma to the patients and parking is better, causing less stress to the visitors. There is even a bus service every 15 minutes right to the front door.
Maybe I am losing the purpose of the exercise which seems to be to spend as much money as they can which they have not got or can afford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden