Papworth Hospital move
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds.
I AM astounded that nobody has criticised the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust NHS for the wastage of hundreds of millions of pounds. They are proposing to build a new Papworth Hospital at Addenbrooks in Cambridge without consideration for either patients of visitors. To drive there is a nightmare and an even bigger nightmare is to find a parking place.
Whereas a few miles away they are going to knock down a perfectly good hospital namely Edith Cavell, Peterborough which is only 15 years old and with only a little updating would more than meet the needs of Papworth at a minute fraction of the cost. Furthermore the infrastructure is a lot better, the road system into the hospital is ten times better causing less trauma to the patients and parking is better, causing less stress to the visitors. There is even a bus service every 15 minutes right to the front door.
Maybe I am losing the purpose of the exercise which seems to be to spend as much money as they can which they have not got or can afford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 9 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action