Papworth Trust giving away free warm packs made up of thermal socks, hat, hand warmers, flask and thermometer
- Credit: Archant
Free warm packs, made up of thermal socks, hat, hand warmers, flask and thermometer, are being given away to disabled, older and vulnerable people cope with the freezing weather.
Inside the Sock it to Winter packs, there is also an information guide with tips and advice to help people live independently in their homes.
Everyone who receives a Sock it to Winter pack will be offered a free home visit and safety check by one of the Papworth Trust’s staff.
The charity is dedicating its warm pack giveaway to the memory of one of its staff, Susan Gray, who passed away in December 2014.
She was a trusts and grants fundraiser and was working on the project when she died.
You may also want to watch:
Bridget Orchard, fundraising manager at Papworth Trust, said, “We know that many people find it hard to stay warm and healthy when the temperature drops.
“Thanks to the Sock Shop and Cambridgeshire Community Foundation, as well as Susan’s hard work and tireless compassion to make a difference to others, we are able to give away free supplies to those who need it most this winter.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“If you or a loved one is concerned about staying warm and well, please get in touch with us to apply for a pack.”
To apply for a Sock it to Winter pack, go to Papworth Trust’s website at: www.papworthtrust.org.uk/warminwinter and fill in the online form. Or you can call 01480 357 200 for more information.