Parents of children across Cambridgeshire with special educational needs are invited to a free conference in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Parents of children with special educational needs are invited to a free conference with workshops and information stalls.
The event is hosted by charity, Pinpoint Cambridgeshire, which supports parents and carers and gives them a voice on services and issues affecting their families.
Joining families on the day will be Georgia McCormick, star of Channel 4’s hit TV show Gogglebox, who lives in Cambridgeshire and has two children with additional needs.
Offscreen, the family has had a tough journey through the SEND maze.
Georgia will be talking about the family’s battle to get both boys the education and support they need and deserve - and how she kept going when she felt like giving up.
You may also want to watch:
Georgia said: “I’m really excited and feel honoured to be asked to get involved in the conference.
“Our story isn’t dissimilar to that of lots of other families. I’m looking forward to meeting and talking to other parent carers on the day and highlighting the causes I care about.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Pinpoint’s conference, at Burgess Hall is free to all parents and carers with children with additional needs and disabilities.
Visitors will be able to access help and support from nearly 40 information stalls, all brought together under one roof.
The day also includes Pinpoint’s annual awards, practical workshops on topics ranging from sleep and autism to SEN support and well-being as well as refreshments and lunch.
To book a place at the event at Burgess Hall in St Ives on Friday January 27, register online or call Pinpoint on 01480 499043 or email email@example.com.