Parents of three truant pupils at Fenland academy fined
- Credit: Archant
THE parents of three pupils at Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech have been fined for failing to ensure their children regularly attended school.
One parent pleaded guilty and was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge at King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court.
Two of the parents did not attend court and were each fined £150 with £150 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
An arrest warrant was issued for a fourth parent who failed to attend court for a second time.
Thomas Clarkson Academy principal Clare Claxton said: “It is absolutely clear that children who attend school regularly and punctually do much better at school than those whose attendance is poor.
You may also want to watch:
“We must do all we can to drive that message home to children and encourage their parents to do the same.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire