Park Lane school pupils enjoy Isle of Wight adventure
- Credit: Archant
Pupils visited a castle and tried their hand at surfing during an action packed school trip to the Isle of Wight.
Before they even made it to the island, Year 6 pupils from Park Lane Primary and Nursery school in Whittlesey visited the HMS Victory in Portsmouth.
Once there they visited Amazon World, Carisbrooke Castle, Robin Hill Country Park and Alum Bay sweet and glass factory, They also went on a Needles Pleasure cruise, spent an afternoon surfing and kayaking, played rounders on the beach, ice skated at Planet Ice in Ryde and had a go at Ten Pin Bowling.
On the final day they visited Godshill Model Village before travelling to Yarmouth to catch the ferry home.
Peter Ingham, Year 4 teacher at Park Lane said: “For many of the children, this was the first opportunity they’d had to travel on a ferry and, for some, it was the first time away from their parents.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children were impeccably behaved and a fantastic week, exploring the island’s rich culture and its timeless treasures. “As it was their last residential trip of their primary school education, it will certainly be an experience the children will remember for many years to come.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens