DON’T the Council realise that a lot of people come to March to shop from the outlying villages as there is plenty of free parking.
DON’T the Council realise that a lot of people come to March to shop from the outlying villages as there is plenty of free parking. Also, the many charity shops in March are manned by unpaid volunteers using their own petrol to drive into town and work for free for up to eight hours a day. If they then have to pay to park for that amount of time I am sure they would think again about coming.
Think about the people living in the nearby roads who will then have people parking there all day. How about people using the library, swimming pool etc. They will think twice in these circumstances.
The council should think again before we became the same as Wisbech with even more empty shops.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier