Littleport woman thanked for her friendship and support
- Credit: Archant
A long servicing volunteer has been thanked for her years of friendship and support with the Ely branch of a national health charity.
Pam Hayes, of Littleport, was thanked by members for serving on the Ely and District Parkinson’s UK support group.
She has been on the committee for many years.
Caroline Nicklinson, of the Ely group, said: “Members agreed Mrs Hayes has provided support, guidance and friendship to many of them and their families.
“In acknowledgement of her long term commitment members presented Mrs Hayes with a delightful planter containing Iris plants.” Mrs Hayes retired from the Ely and District Parkinson’s Group committee in January but will continue to volunteer at the monthly meetings.
You may also want to watch:
There are around 365 Parkinson’s UK groups throughout the country run by volunteers, usually with experience of Parkinson’s.
• The group meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Bell Holt Sanctuary Housing, Lisle Lane, Ely from 2.30 to 4.30pm. It welcomes those with Parkinson’s or their carers. For more information contact Brian 01353-860102 or Caroline firstname.lastname@example.org on 07718-191482.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend