Parkinson’s UK says ‘Join Team Jump June’ with charity skydive in Chatteris this summer
- Credit: Archant
Fancy raising hundreds of pounds for charity by leaping out of a plane, thousands of feet above the ground?
Parkinson’s UK is inviting people in Fenland join Team Jump June and challenge themselves to a Skydive at Chatteris Airfield on Saturday June 24.
Throughout June, Parkinson’s UK wants to have as many people as possible joining their Jump June Team.
Strapped to an instructor, adrenaline seekers will experience something unforgettable as they free-fall through the sky at 10,000 feet.
Already signed up for Jump June is Kathie Smallwood, who’s skydiving in memory of her husband Bill.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 10 years ago. Bill became my carer, but then five years ago Bill himself was diagnosed with a rare form of Parkinson’s.
“His condition deteriorated rapidly and our roles reversed, with me becoming Bill’s carer. I loved Bill to bits and it was awful to watch him go through everything he did.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“I’m scared of heights but love planes, so I want to face my fears and see if I can do it. I’m joining the Jump June Team to raise awareness of Parkinson’s and help everyone affected by the condition.”
The money raised by Team Jump will help Parkinson’s UK to find better treatments and ultimately a cure for the 127,000 people across the UK living with Parkinson’s.
Registration costs £55 and there is a minimum sponsorship of £495. You must be over 16 years old and full training will be provided on the day. All skydivers will receive a Parkinson’s UK T-shirt to wear on the jump, a fundraising pack, regular team news, and fundraising support and materials.
Paul Jackson-Clark, Director of Fundraising for Parkinson’s UK, said: “A skydive is a great way to take in the fantastic views across Cambridgeshire, while challenging yourself and raising vital funds at the same time.
“By joining Parkinson’s UK’s Team Jump June you will be helping our work to find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s.”
To sign up visit www.parkinsons.org.uk/jumpjune, for more information, email email@example.com and to donate to Kathie’s Just Giving page, visit http://www.justgiving.com/Kathie-Smallwood.