Parson Drove church’s improvement works set to finish next month
- Credit: Archant
MAJOR improvement works to a Parson Drove church is due to be completed next month.
Emmanuel Church is having a toilet, kitchen with hot and cold water, and central heating installed.
The project, which began in June, has seen the floors, which had extensive dry rot, replaced and insulated.
Repairs are also being carried out to the church windows.
The Emmanuel Church Council is seeking funding for further works including a major refurbishment, roof insulation and putting in a sound system.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Goy, of Emmanuel Church Council, said: “The aim of all these works is to conserve and improve the building for its use for weddings, christenings and funerals, and to enable the use of the building for a wide range of community activities and events.”
Mr Goy hopes to hear villagers’ thoughts on the improvement works.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
He said: “The Church Council would like to hear whether you support the improvement works to the village church, and whether you agree that the community will benefit from the use of the modernised building for a range of activities.”