Party keeps ambulance airborne
JOSIE Everitt was not going to accept husband Jim s refusal for a 60th birthday party, so she organised a surprise party to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance. The party, at Benwick Village Hall, raised £575 to help keep the Air Ambulance s An
JOSIE Everitt was not going to accept husband Jim's refusal for a 60th birthday party, so she organised a surprise party to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The party, at Benwick Village Hall, raised £575 to help keep the Air Ambulance's Anglia One helicopter in the air.
Mr Everitt, owner of J Everitt animal food retailers, thought a party with friends at his Primrose Hill house near Doddington on October 4, his actual birthday, would be the end of the celebrations.
But his wife had other ideas and decided on a fund-raiser for the Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Wade, acting associate director for distribution services at the Air Ambulance, accepting the cheque, said: "Ongoing public support is essential to enable us to continue offering this vital service. We are very grateful for Mr and Mrs Everitt supporting us and keeping Anglia One in the skies in our region.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government