Passer-by helps woman fight off attacker during sexual assault in Wisbech
A PASSER-BY helped a woman fight off a man as he sexually assaulted her while she walked home from a night out in Wisbech.
The 36-year-old was approached by the attacker, who was riding a bike, at around 3.30am last Sunday near to the entrance of Wisbech Park.
He spoke to her before dropping back but continued to follow the victim at a distance. As she left the park and began walking along Tavistock Road, the man rode up behind her, pushed her against a brick and wall and sexually assaulted her.
During the attack the victim screamed and attracted the attention of a woman who helped the victim fight off her attacker.
The victim walked home and told some friends who called police. She was not seriously hurt but was left shaken and upset by the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ahmed Ishaq said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the victim who was left very shaken.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who may have information about the attack and particularly the young woman who came to the victim’s aid, as she could have important information.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The attacker was described as white, with long brown hair, and wearing a dark long-sleeved top, blue jeans and was riding a dark mountain bike with white lettering on the frame.
Anyone with information should contact DC Ishaq on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.