Patients of Papworth Hospital asked to nominate outstanding staff for awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
PATIENTS from across the Fens are being asked to nominate someone who has gone the extra mile in the Papworth People Staff Achievement Awards.
Nominees can come from any department and may be a nurse, porter, consultant or volunteer and can be someone who has helped during a stay at Papworth or shown their work is outstanding.
Stephen Bridge, Chief Executive, said: “Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and this is reflected in the dedication of our staff.
“We are proud of our reputation as one of the best performing hospitals in the UK, which is largely thanks to our staff.
“The Papworth People Staff Achievement Awards is an excellent way to publicly thank them for their hard work and commitment.”
You may also want to watch:
Now into its third year the awards, sponsored by Sodexo Healthcare, enable patients, their relatives and hospital visitors to nominate a member of staff in the Caring for Patients Award, Volunteer of the Year and the Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Achievement.
Winners will be announced on September 12.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Papworth Hospital treats nearly 90,000 patients a year from across the country and since carrying out the UK’s first successful heart transplant in 1979, has established a reputation for leading edge research and innovation as well as becoming a national centre for other specialist services, such as the sleep clinic,
To nominate a member of staff or for more information visit www.papworthhospital.nhs.uk/staff awards.